Friday 24 May 2013

Operation Riley sleep through the night

At 9 months old, BabyG is still waking twice in the night for milk. We have finally asked a health visitor for some advice as we need some sleep.

The advice I was given was in two parts. First, feed tea at normal time but not pudding. Wait and give him pudding at 17:45 and give him full fat greek yogurt as this takes longer to digest so will hopefully keep him fuller for longer. Second, and this is the hard bit for me.... No milk in the night, just offer water as it is probably a habit to have milk and not because he is actually hungry.

The first night was brilliant! BabyG did so well and slept all night from 18:45 to 06:15. He grizzled in his sleep a few times but didnt actually need anything like milk etc.

Night 2 has been the opposite. He woke 5 times between 19:00 and 00:00!
He did have a dirty nappy at one point and is teething so that contributed. Its hard because a bottle of milk will settle him quickly and for longer which means I am back in bed quicker, for longer. He did actually drink some water and looked like he did just need a drink. I dont want to give in now and make a bottle or I will have to start all over again.

Apologies for any spelling errors but its the middle of the night, I am sleep deprived, and I am writing this on my phone whilst cuddling BabyG who is now asleep so I am going to put him back in his cot and head back to my own bed for another hour!

Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment