Sunday 28 April 2013

Fish is the dish - healthy heart challenge

Here is another of the recipes I have done for the healthy heart challenge. A really simple but very tasty prawn curry. Even DaddyG gave it a thumbs up!!

I love this kind of recipe. Very few ingredients, meaning low cost, little preparation time, and delicious!

The ingredients:

1 tsp each of mustard seeds, ground coriander, cumin, turmeric and red chilli powder
1 onion
200g prawns - I used Tesco Finest king prawns from the frozen section, simply because that was the cheapest option I found.
400g tin of chopped tomatoes - I used the ones with garlic and herbs in.
The method:

Mix the spices with some water to make a paste and set aside. Fry the onion. Add the curry paste and then add some water and stir in. It needs to just be enough water to let it simmer for a minute. Add the prawns and the tinned tomatoes then simmer until it is all warmed through. I served this with boiled rice.

The photos:


Simple! :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment