Thursday 25 April 2013

Aah Bisto!

Ive been given some Bisto to try. I have two fussy eaters (BoyG and DaddyG!!) so I thought I would try out some of the Bisto recipes and see how we got on.

The first recipe we tried was chicken wrapped in bacon. I have to admit that I didn't cook it. My mum was staying with us and wanted to blog about the same recipe so I handed over the ingredients and my kitchen, then waited for the results :0)

It looked very easy to do. And it looked and smelled delicious! I couldn't help tasting some before it was on the plates (and yes I did get my hand smacked!) but the chicken and the vegetables tasted so good! My mum then made the gravy using Bisto beef flavour gravy granules and we poured that over before eating. It was good before the gravy, but the gravy definitely made the dish even tastier!! We will definitely be making this one again. And as usual when we have a nice dinner, DaddyG took the left overs to work the next day for his lunch!



I also tried a recipe for the boys. I got some silicone muffin cases and put two pre-cooked mini sausages in each case. I made up some batter and poured it over the sausages then put them in the oven for half an hour. I gave them to the boys for tea, with Bisto beef gravy poured over them, and with some baked beans on the side. This went down well with both boys but BabyG still only has 2 teeth so couldn't quite manage the sausages!!
I made enough of these so that I could freeze some for a quick tea on a busy day!! I even had some left after DaddyG came home and found them!


 


No comments:

Post a Comment