Friday 2 November 2012

My lovely little family

This is my first ever post on my blog, so I thought id start with a bit about myself and my three favourite people - my family.

I have a lovely husband, Duncan, and I am mummy to two gorgeous boys.

Logan is 3 years old. He is so independant, he hates to accept any help from anyone! He is so loving and caring.... And my little monster!!

Riley is 10 weeks old. He is a sweet, smiley little boy. Riley's character is now starting to show, after a very tough start in life, having major heart surgery at just 12 days old!


Riley had a condition called Coarctation of the Aorta. His aorta was too narrow and the blood was not being pumped round to the lower parts of his body. He was rushed to the Evelina hospital in London for heart surgery, where a brilliant team took great care of him and made him better. That was possibly the toughest time in my life so far but thankfully we have come through it and Riley is ok now, although he will have regular check ups for a long time to make sure everything stays working how it should be. We are just lucky that he was a good sized baby at birth, that he did not have a traumatic birth, and that he is a little fighter!




Logan is a typical 3 year old.... He wants to be involved in everything, helping me with anything he can. He is a cheeky little boy with a smile that just makes me melt and he most definatly keeps me on my toes!!








We have a few jealousy issues since Riley's arrival, especially as we had to be away from him for a week when Riley was poorly, but overall, he is a very proud big brother, telling me when Riley cries and telling me that Riley must be hungry again. The scariest thing he has done is carry a 4 week old Riley into me in the next room because "He is crying mummy. He needs you"

 





My blog is all about my life with my two boys, watching them grow, and enjoying every moment of it :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment